Happy Birthday to my Avery Clare! She is eight years old today. Here’s a Top Ten list of things you should know about Avery:
10) She was born just 12 minutes after her oldest brother’s birthday!
9) She has a tendancy to curl up wherever she finds a quiet spot and falls asleep. We call her “the cat” because of that.
8) Her middle name is Clare, after my grandmother.
7) She has a great fashion sense and knows how to dress herself for any occasion.
6) She says that when she grows up she wants to be a hair sylist. I can totally see her doing this, too. She would be great at it.
5) She is known for going into “shut down mode” where she just won’t talk to anyone or respond to anything. This is usually because we did something or said something to make her mad.
4) She didn’t eat solid food until she was 10 months old.
3) When she was born, the first thing I noticed was her big, floppy feet. They reminded me of rabbit feet. She still has big feet, and she’s very tall.
2) When she was four, she ran up behind my horse and spooked him, and he kicked out and one of his hooves punched Avery right in the stomach and sent her flying. A doctor confirmed that nothing inside was hurt, thank God for that. Ever since then she has been extremely cautious around horses!
1) She has been playing tennis for two and a half years and is very good!
Avery has requested a slumber birthday party with a few of her friends! This will be her first slumber party and she has been waiting to turn eight for a couple years now because I told her she had to be at least eight to have a slumber party. We will probably have the party at the beginning of May because Afton’s State Cup finals are this weekend and might go into next weekend as well.
Well, I’m off to fix the Birthday Girl a nice breakfast!