Okay, so I’m borrowing this post idea from a new blog that I follow called Many Waters. I just think it is a neat way to sum up my week!
- It rained! And I love the rain!
- Alex got 100% on his math test!
- I got on the treadmill and worked out for 30 minutes – got my heart rate up!
- I took a power walk with Rich for 20 minutes – again, got my heart rate up!
- I lost 2 pounds — woo hoo!
- Rich was off work 4 days in a row!
- Both Afton and Alex made it onto the club soccer teams they were trying out for!
- I learned how to download iTunes onto my new iPod!
- Andrew has a stuffy nose.
- I had to pay Alex’s club soccer dues. Ouch! $$
- My hair is in desperate need of a haircut but I have no time for an appointment.
- My hair is seriously getting thinner! In some angles, I think I see scalp.
- Rich was off work 4 days in a row – next paycheck is gonna suck!$$
- I spent $126 on downloaded music from iTunes.
- Our master bathroom…is pretty much destroyed. There was a leak. It is now all torn up being repaired, and we cannot use it. It’s been weeks now. Can’t use the toilet, can’t use the bathtub, can’t use the sinks or the shower. I can barely make it in there to get the clothes out of my closet. We have been having to share the upstairs bathroom with all the kids. Yes, ALL the kids. Oh yea, it’s been quite the adventure, let me tell you. But it’s all a matter of perspective, you see. Although I categorize this under THE UGLY, let me tell you that compared to what’s going on in Japan right now….I have NO room to complain. None. Zero. In fact, I should be grateful that we at least have a bathroom to use. It’s a bit crowded and chaotic, but we are all safe under one roof. And we have food, heat, and running water. Nope, I have nothing to complain about.
Just to prove my point, let’s do a little comparison, shall we?
Here is our under-construction master bathroom…
and the holes in the downstairs ceiling from all the leaks…
and here is our crowded & chaotic kid bathroom that we all have to jam into each day…
And now…. here is Japan
(all photos taken from Google Images)
There really is no comparison, is there.
So sad. So very, very sad.
And there is a brand new blog party starting over at Three Jewels in My Crown so if you can, come on over and support her by linking up!
It’s the weekend, and I’m linking up! Check out all the awesome blog hops going on this weekend!