I remember back to when I was a kid and I looked forward to the weekends. The weekends always meant one important thing for me: SLEEPING IN! Is there anything better than the feeling you get when you first wake up and then remember that it’s Saturday or Sunday and you don’t have to get up for school? so then you do the “roll” back onto your side and fall back asleep. That’s the BEST feeling. Yea, I miss that feeling. Because it’s not like that anymore.
This morning I got out of bed at 5:45am. I took a shower. I then woke up Alex and A.J. at 6:00am and fed them breakfast. Then we three were out the door at 6:30 to be at Alex’s soccer game by 7:00. His game started at 7:45 but he had to be there at 7:00 for pre-game warm-up.
I miss sleeping in, but there’s a positive to waking up early, even on the weekends. Here are a few positives that I’m already discovering about my day today:
1) I was up and showered and ready by 6:30am. Make-up on, hair done, and dressed in shoes. This automatically gives me an energetic start to my day.
2) I was able to have quiet time with just my two boys this morning without the rest of the crew. Quiet, alone time around here is rare and very valuable.
3) I got Alex to his game on time! BIG accomplishment for me, as I aways tend to run late.
4) I was able to take A.J. to Starbucks, just the two of us, while we were waiting for the game to start. He and I shared a table in the back and sipped our hot chocolate. Again, rare and valuable one-on-one time.
5) After the game I returned home and made the kids pancakes for breakfast. It was only 9:15am and most of them were up but a few were still sleeping.
6) I folded and put away what was left in the dryer from yesterday, and started a new load. I only have about 3 loads left and our laundry will be ready for the week.
It’s only 10:00am right now and I feel like I already accomplished quite a bit in my day. Hey, I even managed to get a blog post out!
Now, I’m off to take A.J. to his baseball practice and then it’s back to the field for Alex’s second soccer game of the day. Then I’m free until 5:30 church with the family.
Well…not exactly “free”…. but you know what I mean
click this link once a day to vote – thank you so much!