Today I have been a mother for 20 years.
Twenty years!!! I still can’t believe it.
And this is the little girl who made me a mama….
This photo makes me laugh because she looks so unhappy to be out of the womb. I mean, look at that crabby face!
She gets much happier as time passes…
high school graduation
You see? There’s the proof that she cheers up a bit as the years pass. The photos don’t lie — she’s actually a very happy girl! And today is her 20th birthday.
The things I love about Audriana…
- she never holds a grudge ~ if you make her upset, she is quick to forgive and forget.
- she is an excellent big sister ~ always reading to the little ones, helping them with things
- she always laughs at my dumb jokes
- every single night she asks if she can make me some tea ~ every night!
- she always wants to go on family trips with us ~ she’s never too cool or too busy for family
- she loves watching FRIENDS reruns with me
- she is a HUGE Twilight fan, almost as much as me! Almost.
- when she sets her mind on something, she never gives up until she achieves it
- she always wakes up in a good mood
- she never goes to bed without coming into my bedroom to say good-night
Things that I don’t love about Audriana…
- she keeps a messy room and I have to nag her to clean it
And well, that’s about it for the negative list. I seriously can’t think of anything else to add to it.
Since the day she was born my life has never been the same. She changed me. She showed me what unconditional love was. When she was placed in my arms, I instantly thought… “Oh my gosh. She changes EVERYTHING.”
She changed everything. My world shifted when she came into it. And I’m so grateful.
I love you, Audriana. Happy, Happy Birthday to you!