He likes to cook.
Me? Let’s order pizza!
He likes the outdoors and goes crazy on rainy days.
Me? I love me some rainy days! It’s the perfect reason to stay inside my house, which is my most favorite place to be!
He is an early bird — rises naturally before 5:30am.
I’m a late owl — on most nights staying up way past midnight.
I like to sleep in! Don’t wake me before 8:00 or I’ll be grumpy.
He hates to sleep in. If he sleeps past 6:00am it throws his whole day off.
He loves his coffee in the morning.
I have never even tasted coffee and don’t want to.
He likes chocolate. I like vanilla.
I hate all sea food. Yes…ALL sea food.
He is a fisherman and would eat sea food daily if he could.
I love cats.
He’s allergic to them.
I’m very mellow and patient, easy going….
He can’t sit still to save his life, and he is very impatient with everyone and everything.
He freaks out over spilled milk, messes on the couch, crayon marks on the wall.
Me? I’d rather not live in a glass house. Messes are going to happen. I accept that and move on.
He doesn’t enjoy reading.
I love getting lost in a good novel.
I could watch reruns of Friends and Seinfeld for hours and laugh as if I’m seeing it for the first time.
He thinks once is enough and any more than that is good time wasted.
I can get lost while driving and enjoy the new areas that I am exploring…
And him? Nothing makes him more angry than being lost. Again, time wasted.
Gosh, I could just go on and on and on about our differences. Sometimes it really surprises me that we ended up together. Or stayed together this long, for that matter. But you know something? It’s not our differences that matters. It’s the few important things that we have in common that keep us together.
- We both love having a crazy house with many children.
- We share the same faith and want to raise our children in our faith, too.
- We both believe that marriage isn’st always easy, but divorce is never an option.
- We both know that love is a choice, not always a feeling.
- We both want our kids to have a stay-at-home parent at all times.
- We both love bike riding, going out to eat, and going to the movies.
- We enjoy sharing a glass of Merlot at the end of a tiring and hectic day.
- We both think the other is the best thing that ever happened to us!
Now, that’s love <3